Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Sorry!

Sorry I haven't blogged in a few days! I was at a family reunion for the past few days, and I didn't get a chance to get online!

I want to thank everyone who posted kind comments about my new pattern!
A lot of bloggers have been posting about honesty, and in the spirit of that, I want to say that I really love getting comments on my blog, especially nice ones, expecially from knitters that I look up to and from bloggers that I regularly read!

So, when I was gone, I went to the craft store and I found a hairpin lace kit! I had never heard of it until I saw it in a vintage 1950's pattern book, and I tried looking at my local stores, but I just figured that no one really used this technique anymore, but I found it! Here's what it looks like:


I know it doesn't look like much now, but you make lots of strips and then you connect them, and it looks awesome when they're all connected, here's a picture from my 50's pattern book:



Also, in the same spirit of honesty, I worry a lot about what I'm going to post here, I have lots of things to post about, but I never know which one to post about first, and if I should combine things into a post. Anyway, I'm learning as I go, and I'm having lots of fun doing it!
Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Julie said...

hairpin lace! I've been wanting to try that. They have some very cool patterns for hairpin lace on stitch diva, like this dress:
http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lotus-smock

and this skirt: http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bustle-skirt

I'm interested to see how your hairpin lace goes!