Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Chair makeover and cute pillows!

My mom is amazing at finding cute vintage and thrift store finds and giving them makeovers. She found this cute wicker table and chair set for me. I loved them because Summer Roberts from The O.C. had the same set in her bedroom :] (Who else is a fan of the show?) Anyway, we both decided that the chair needed a makeover, it had a not-so-cute 90's flower pattern cushion and pillow. So I bought 2 yards of really cute fabric and 2 pillows from Ikea and I covered the pillows and the cushion with the fabric! I used bright green piping on the cushion and yellow piping on the pillows. (Click on the photos to make them larger) Here's the before:


And here's the after:



It's so cute and cozy now! Here's a close up of the fabric:



Lots of birds and leaves and flowers and colors! It will work for any season! The funny thing is, about a week before I did this, I was about to give the chair and table away, I liked them, but I didn't know if I would ever make new pillows for them. I'm so glad I didn't give them away, because I love them now!

No comments: